I'd like to dedicate this post to:
Smiling.
(Funny, how my blog is centered around that word, isn't it?)
Anyways, I felt like there are a whole lot of people NOT smiling. Can you believe it? "WHY should I smile?" they say. "What is in it for me?" Well, I'll tell you. Just listen (well...more like read) all the benefits.
I'll list these. And cite them. It's easier for me to process my thoughts when it's in list form. And cited.
- It reduces stress.
- It makes you happier - real smiles, that is, make you happier.
- It helps you be more productive.
- Smiling helps people around you trust you.
- It boosts your immune system. So if you WANT to get sick, by all means, don't smile. I won't make you.
Those were found here.
So!
What do YOU think about smiling? Do you like it now? Do you know any other reasons to smile?
♦♦♦
And then there are others who say: "But HOW do I smile, or laugh, or be happy? I am so sad right now because somebody stole my cookies."
Well, here's another list.
This one I made up myself.
- Surround yourself by naturally happy people.
- Read happy books.
- Energy prevails. Excersizing will make you happier (not to mention healthier).
- Play the "Glad Game" from Pollyanna.
- DON'T HOLD GRUDGES.
So yes.
Have a smiley day!
No comments:
Post a Comment