I don't know how to tell you how annoying it is to sit down in front of a blank peice of paper, prepared to write something poetic or artistic or inspiring, and to find out...you have nothing to write.
O, the pain.
Maybe this has never happened to you. Maybe you're a painter, and you set up your canvas, La, La, and then you close your eyes, Ah, Ah, and then you lift your paintbrush...and you don't know what to paint! You are unispired.
Or maybe you are a dancer, and you have no excitement for your dance.
Perhaps you are a musician, and you have no emotion for the music you must play.
Perchance you are a algebra teacher, and you have no idea how to make the kids excited for math because you yourself are not excited about the math.
It could be that you are a little kid, and you need to read a book for school, but this book is so incredibly monotonus and you can't get into it.
Maybe you aren't any of these things. Here is the all-purpose form.
You are a (insert occupation or hobby here), and you have no motivation to (insert what you want or need to accomplish).
So that is the topic of my post: stimulus.
To stay up and at 'em, I give myself a reward. That way I can think, "If I just finish this one little thing, I can go get myself a graham cracker." Of course, for gaining inspiration, this tactic doesn't work as well.
So I take a break. Eat some apples and cheese. Sing. Dance. Forget about the dreaded thing. Then I return to it.
Though this way may not be the perfect motivation concoction for you. So go figure it out.
So I suppose my topic is not stimulus. It's the final reward.
Because when you accomplish something, how happy are you? How much do you smile? After we accomplish something, due to motivation, we are happy and even more motivated to do more. And then when we finish that task, we are even more happy. It is an endless cycle.
So my topic is not stimulus or reward. It's both and neither. It's motivating you to accomplish that task now. Because you are worth it.
And because you have mass and can be moved by force...you matter.
For anyone who understood that joke, have a bite of your favorite candy at my expense. It will be an imaginary candy, and imaginary money, but you know.
For that matter, everyone have imaginary candy at my expense, even if you didn't understand the joke.
Because really, you matter. For reals.
Have A Smiley Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment