Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Day Gratitude Project - Day 26

I feel rather dramatic today, so if I go all weird, saying stuff like "The magnificent flowers helped calm her soul. She turned, seeing the swelling crowd, preparing to speak," that's why. Today I am grateful for...

Rain

I love smelling that clean-earth smell just before it rains. I love to hear it splattering on the roof. I love seeing it land on the cold, hard earth. I love tasting the drops, landing them just right on my tongue. I love the sensation of wet soil, touching my bare toes. The sight, when you look up at the sky, of the drops falling down out of nowhere - them simply appearing in the air - it's enough to move anyone to joyful tears. The feeling of adventure, when your wet, stringy hair sweeps across your face as you turn your head. The squeals of joy from siblings, dancing in the chilly, watery atmosphere. Then the toasty-warm fire and dry, clean clothes when you have finished your outdoor fun.

Who could ask for more?


Have a smiley day!


No comments:

Post a Comment